Monday, December 18, 2006

No To Ngarag

Ngarag used to be my favorite state of mind; in fact, for the most part, it was self-inflicted - and sometimes, when I don't catch myself, it still is. Christmas time was always the worst...running around all over town for work, parties, shopping, and killing myself in the kitchen.

But this year, like many areas in my life, Christmas doesn't seem to be as ngarag as it used to be. I've only missed one Christmas party so far (tonight's Class 1994-A's dinner - I chose to go grocery shopping and do preliminary cooking for tomorrow's big catering event, and to wrap some gifts for two parties tomorrow (Saturday was a stretch - went to three!!!). And yes, my Christmas shopping is in fact over and done with, and I got people pretty good stuff this year (not any lame-a$$ last minute panic purchases!), if I may say so myself. Wrapped them all up rather nicely as well. *Pat on back*

A big help is that I'm not doing the usual stuff by my lonesome (Darna is in hibernation this season) - driving through the traffic jams is delegated to my loyal giant of a hired driver/bodyguard, Jon, and to my designated driver Ding, er, Lex; I have a lot of help in the kitchen now; and I have partners and friends who help out beautifully in areas I need assistance with. 'Tis the season to be tired still, but at least at the end of the day, I'm happy happy happy. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home